After I roasted the chicken yesterday, I pulled all the meat off and just out of curiosity, I weighed it to see how much was left. Came out to 13.5 ounces of chicken meat which is about 5.5 servings for us. Our servings of chicken average 2.5 ounces — a lot less than most people eat — but chicken is very expensive on the Volumetrics plan so we keep the servings small. I also made 4 quarts of chicken stock from the carcass and that will make a very big pot of soup.
Tonight we had spicy chicken wraps which used up 4 ounces of the chicken meat.
Spicy Chicken Wraps
makes three wraps
- 4 oz diced cooked chicken (or about 1 small boneless breast)
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 oz shredded cheese (we like Monterey Jack but use what you like)
- 3 low-carb tortillas
- 1 cup shredded greens
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 – 6 tbsp Spicy Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup warm black bean and corn salad
- salt & pepper
Put the diced chicken and salsa in a small skillet. Add chili powder, salt, and pepper and heat through. Assemble your wrap, layering the greens, bean salad, and chicken, top with chopped tomatoes and spicy ranch dressing. Wrap and secure with toothpicks.